Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 002 - The Lord Will Provide

Hey Fam - Nailed a whole week. 

It's lame I had to miss Claire's birthday, but congratulations Claire, you really did it, made it to the old twelve. That trip to New York is going to be wicked sweet. Especially when you have some sweet fans like grandma and grandpa to come along. Probably not gonna be as fantastic as mine and dad's visit to the pink temple and Magic Mountain. But it's a good close second. 

It's super cool that Emma and Katie would decorate Claire's locker... well almost Katie. Come on Katie, dont you know the rule - if you "don't know"... you can't get in trouble. You guys should hang that one up right next to the "We don't say no to things that the majority of persons that matter think are fun" quote. 

That's so cool that the Bronco will be smooth moving soon. I can already see the excitement on Mom's face. 

So since you're asking about my great P day, I'll give you the low down. It's on Saturdays, and we start off the day with four square of course. I get like an hour to do emails, but me and my companion just print them off and read them while we do our laundry, so don't worry about writing too much. And I do get to go to the temple each Saturday, that's a plus. Totally get to recharge myself for the rest of the week. 

By the way, don't worry, gym time is every day. So when some days get down and dirty, there's always hope in gym time, aka four square time. We are starting to get to the point though, where we are doing trick shots. It's kinda like when Asians play ping pong and they are not even close to the table. There is one small Hispanic kid, we call Pedro, that has shown up, and he's totally changed the game with his tricky footwork. You never know where he's going to be next. Right. Left. Sideways. In the sky. You never know.

We actually didn't get to have gym time Wednesday because of the PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE MISSIONARY BROADCAST... lame. Not really. It was super bueno and a great replacement. Some general authorities and apostles were on it and spoke. And gave some good tips. And said stuff. Like that the Holy Ghost is the teacher, and we are Tools. Never really thought of myself as a B9 Special. They said they hadn't done anything like that in a decade, where every missionary gets to see this broadcast specifically for missionaries. I totally saw the Max Tagg in the audience looking as fresh as usual, killin it as he writes his notes. 

So, the elders in my district are pretty much together all the time, and when we take showers at the same time, we've been getting into a habit of starting a beat that leads into great jams. Highlights of this week were "I'll make a man out of you", "Worst guys" by Childish Gambino, that song Hercules sings "I have often dreamed of a far off place" (not sure what the song is called), and we got some "Tribute" by Tenacious D in there. They can take away our ipods, but they can't take away our minds. It feels good to have a district I can rely on. 

You know that honey story I told you about last time... Apparently it did $1,000 worth of damage, because whoever did it, put honey on more doors downstairs and it hardened in the locks, so there was a lot of replacements going on. Not on ours though. 

Those blessings from exact obedience must be kicking in. 

I loved the letters that the gals sent me. They were pretty great. I liked the mailman one, but I could not figure out who the guy was. Anyway, they did smell good with all the gum in it, and I could tell my roommates were so jealous. Oh, and that package from Amazon Pantry (advertisment on my part) was totally a blessing. No joke, I was sitting in my class speaking Spanish and such, when I thought to myself, "I totally need some Flamin Hot Cheetohs in my hand right now. Then all of sudden a package arrives with Flamin Hot Cheetos. At first, when I opened the box in the middle of the hallway, I saw the two bags and yelled "No way, the Lord has provided me with a giant box full of Flamin Hot Cheetohs!!!!" But I did learn that it was two bags on top of all sorts of other cool treats, which is way cool. 

Another cool story... I'm sitting in the cafeteria, having the time of my life, when I see this girl who I thought was a friend of mine, that wasn't. So then I started missing a bunch of my friends. So I get up to go put away my stuff, then all of a sudden I see Annie Hayward, one of the coolest chicks in the game. Then Braedon Farr aka Perro Succio (Dirty Dog). And then Danny Few. Three total pals from the BYU. I also saw Matt Wanson, tool of the nation. So that was kinda a plus too. Once again the lord will provide. But I am on the prowl now looking for the king, Matt Simmons, because I thought he was also coming Wednesday.  But no one seems to know where the Russians live. 

So right now, Elder Hopkins and I are kinda like the guys to go to if you need something. Currently we are working on getting some Mountain Dew Voltage for a kid who's got a fridge, and he'll give us the fridge if we get him the Dew. So if anyone wants to send us some Voltage, that would be sick. Or put it in the drop zone, which is behind the bush, next to the shed on the soccer field. 

That's the business of the week. 

Thank you Mom for that talk. I'll totally read it. Rasband is the man. 

See you next time, Groove Cats, at the slam dunk contest with ronnydonnyyannahe.

Holden Greene

P.S. Still having problems with putting up pics, I will figure it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment