Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 049 - We Found The "Apartment Complex"

I’m glad that the world outside of Santa Fe is getting pumped and decorated for Christmas, because Argentina is being very lame right now. But I guess that’s because America is so dang awesome. How Christmas works here apparently is that everyone parties all night Christmas Eve and once the clock strikes twelve, the fireworks go off, ball drops, everyone gets drunk, and sleeps in the next day. Kind of reminds me of something that happens 7 days after. Yeah… New Year’s. But hey guess what, they still do that too. So it’s pretty much celebrating New Year’s twice! Pretty great!
What a great time of the year though. I do not get to wake up to an elf on my shelf, but me and the other Elders talk about the good ole times with the elves that hang on the shelves. So that’s great! Elder Andrew and I have been talking about our favorite Christmas movies and it came to a unanimous 1. Christmas Vacation, 2. Christmas Story, 3. Mr. Krueger’s Christmas. The classic.
I’ve been showing people the church’s new Christmas video. Ever wondered where all the 90’s kids that flunked out of class went? They are down here. One lady is watching this video, and Jesus comes on and she says "Hey I think that’s Jesus."  Wow, thanks captain obvious, "Hey look, that’s San Pablo." Nope, that’s Jesus still. "Oh hey that’s San Juan." Nope, still Jesus. Man people crack me up here. But that’s a great video to share. Most people have the internet on their phones, and you can just watch it with people right on the street or in front of their house, and everyone gets pumped. Mostly because it’s about Jesus.
So we have a ton a people who are following along each day doing the church’s ideas for acts of service. If you haven’t seen already, they church has suggested acts of service for each day of the month of December. Super cool, and they made videos with it; but really they are just 20 sec ads.
I mentioned the other week that we have been finding a bunch of young couples who are interested in the church. It awesome, and most of them are part of the same family, because check this. A while back a mom and a dad decided they were going to have a lot of kids, and they should build an entire apartment complex, so they can all live with their grandchildren and stuff. We found that "apartment complex" and everyone there is just awesome. And totally down to receive the gospel. Pretty neat. One of the brothers really wanted us to come see his church and meet his pastor, so we had plans to come with him for like 5 minutes, but we ended up sitting through an entire prayer session in an evangelical church. Pretty neat. I enjoyed it, with people yelling Gloria to Jesus every 10 seconds. Also I left with a greater testimony of the apostasy.
There is a video that one of the missionaries’ girlfriends sent, and it’s a video of a large congregation of a black evangelical church and there is a man on the stand with a microphone yelling, "YOU WANT THE HOLY GHOST.....TAKE IT!" And he throws the Holy Ghost at certain parts of the crowd, knocking people over and going nutz. It’s pretty great. You should look it up.
Lately Elder Andrew and I have been on the topic of our future homes, and it’s been a pretty big dilemma whether or not you have a house with second floor or a basement. It was concluded that the second floor was more important because of the essential need of a zip line that goes from the second floor to the pool. It’s an economically friendly home with only the essential items.
Not a ton happened this week, but I am super pumped for Christmas, and am getting Skype all situated. This time everything should be all in order. By next Monday, I need your Skype username, and the time you guys will be in church. Because I’m thinking that we will Skype in the late afternoon my time, which would be during the afternoon your time.
I’m super pumped. I love you guys. Christmas is great.
Elder Greene

We have been taking runs to the river on Monday mornings. Like 7 kilometers. At least that’s what they tell me.

And we laid down a concrete floor for the Carbones

No comments:

Post a Comment