Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 064 - Touched By The Talk From The Asian Guy

Oh Wow.
That was quite the day, huh... coming into the mission for the first time. I had actually forgotten there was a Santa Fe mission blog. I wonder who is in charge of that.
Well anyways, I am doing great guys. I just woke up to some great pastries and juice today (because I bought them Saturday, so I can wake up to pastries and juice). So it should be a great day.
Yesterday was kind of lame. The power went out during the first session of conference and never came back on until later in the night. Classic Recreo. We actually waited in the church building about 3 hours until we realized it’s probably never going to come back on. And it was raining, so we went to drink the waters of eternities the rest of the night. We´ll have to find another time to finish off conference. But it was quite clear the invitation of the prophet... to read the Book of Mormon everyday of our lives. And he has promised us many blessing on our families if we do so.
There were a lot of talks on the family, and strengthening the family. But I was really touched by the talk from the (I’m sorry I don’t remember his name) Asian guy who spoke about family history. But I came to understand more about us being the link in the chain of our family. And the importance of us being the strong link and not the weak link. There is a pamphlet that the church came out with about maybe 5 years ago called "my family" and the point of it is to do family history work. I think everybody I knew, kind of threw it to the side, because most of our family temple work is done. But that pamphlet is very important to a lot of people out here in Recreo, and it’s not just about completing temple work, but writing the history and stories of our ancestors. And I got into it, and started studying my family in Family Search, because there are stories of my great grandparents. And I've also been taking time to write stories about my grandparents, and you guys, and it has really turned into a great experience. And so as I began ...and I started to feel the same promises that this general authority was explaining. And no joke, I began to feel a spirit of love and understanding of my link in the chain of our family. And I couldn’t believe that I had never taken the time to follow the council of the prophets, and learn more, and think my more about this subject.
Before conference, it was kind of a lame week, with not much going on. Most of our plans were falling through, and we were not able to teach anyone except for Daraunt (I think that is how they spell his name). Daraunt hangs outside of the grocery store everyday and wants us to come over to his house, but we are only allowed over on Sundays at 3 30 pm. And if we are not there, then too bad... next Sunday at 3 30. So we haven’t had the chance to talk to him at his house, but only in front of the grocery store. Hmmmmm… so why 3 30 pm?
While in the city of Santa Fe, we came across the one Asian food place in all of Santa Fe. And it turned out to be really good. And it’s in a super cool location off the ports of Santa Fe. I have a Few pics I’ll have to send.
So for reals ... my diet lately has been, peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast lunch and dinner. Its non-stop and taking control of my mission life. It’s so good. Also, the maple syrup is really good too. I think I made enough for the next two transfers. So I invited the other Elders to come over and eat pancakes. We can eat a lot of pancakes, so we made 40, and with one frying pan. It was the longest time I’ve taken to make pancakes for sure.
I love all you guys. I’m glad you are doing great. I’m sad you didn’t make chili for the chili cook off … but that’s alright.
Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment