Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 058 - Bon Bons Are To Be Exchanged For Kisses

Hey - You All.
So to my surprise, as well dad, they do celebrate Valentine ’s Day here in Argentina. Well, I shouldn’t be too surprised. Because love is kind of a universal thing. But, oh well, Valentine’s Day came around, and here it quite literally "the day of love." I quickly came to know it was the day of love. I was actually in Santa Fe and I came into contact with this girl who wanted to give me a bon bon. And of course why should I turn down a free bon bon. I said, “sweet thanks.” And I tried to make my way when she got all frustrated at me as I walked away. Well anyway I guess bon bons are to be exchanged for kisses, I should’ve known, but hey, it was a free bon bon, I was wondering where my companion was when this was all going down, and he said I just wanted to see what would happen." Geeze man.
Well, if you are wondering what I was doing in Santa Fe… I had a kind of emergency transfer. Elder Ramos finished his mission, and now I have a new companion from Brazil. He actually started his mission in 2015, and after 7 months, he had to go home for an injury. And then he received a call on Sunday to come back, so it all works out. He’s kind of funny because he’s got the new missionary excitement vibe but he actually knows how the mission works. And so he keeps asking questions about every detail about Recreo. It’s kind of annoying, but whatever. We should get a bunch of work done.
And since Elder Ramos is gone, they have made me the new “mail man” around here (district leader). So now I get all the lame calls from the missionaries in the district that want to ask simple questions that could’ve been answered if they asked their companion. So as a missionary I have read the manual a few times, and I do know that as district leader, everyone must call me “district leader.” So I’m correcting the district every time they call me Elder Greene, they must call me "District Leader Elder Greene." Oh "Mr. Lider de Distrito Elder Greene". It sounds nice. But this should all be a great experience.
We actually had to go to Santa Fe two times; to receive the announcement, and then to make the exchange of persons the day after, because my companion arrived on Wednesday. So when we figured what was going on Tuesday; that Elder Ramos was leaving, I asked, "Well, what do we do now?" He responded excellently with "McDonalds." Obviously. But for reals, Elder Ramos was the best companion I had my entire mission, I was pretty disappointed that we weren’t going to finish the transfer together. For Elder Ramos, he was going home sooner so he was a little pumped. But his family thought he was coming home tomorrow, and then they thought he was going home in 4 weeks, and now he’s going home tomorrow. Nutz.
So it’s been a rainy week. Luckily I had my fine boots (which a member gave to me like 4 months ago, if you didn’t know) and my new rain jacket...waterproof. Elder Ramos left it for me, and surprisingly, it fits nice, because you know those Peruvians...small. I love the rain way more than the heat. The people of Recreo don’t, because everyone keeps telling us "Go home, it’s raining outside." Thanks.
I love you guys. Wendy and Brian and Myles will be in my prayers, it’s really rough what’s going on. We’ve got a great family to be part of, and I’m sure they are getting the love from that.
And I love the picture of dad and the random Peruvian girl, that’s like the weirdest thing.
Have the greatest week. I love you all.
Elder Greene






No comments:

Post a Comment