Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 005 - Once Again The Lord Provides

Que Paso Familia!

You guys are all looking great. And Grandpa is looking Super Bien. That's what my teacher is always saying everytime I say something. "Super Bien" must be a Chilean thing. 

Totally got my flight plans yesterday. Looking at a flight to Georgia, then leaving Georgia at 9 PM and landing in Buenes Aires at 9 AM. Good times. But check this... we've got like 15 missionaries all going to Santa Fe on the same flight. But when we get there, we have to take a 5 hour bus to Santa Fe. 15 Santa Fe Argentineans - we are bringing the load. So nine days till that happens. 

4 days ago, I get a call on the phone saying that they still needed my FBI Docs. So I was like, "Check this, I got two copies of that document in my dorm right now." Totally saw that coming, and I was ready. So I went to the travel office, gave the doc to a lady, and she calls up the head lady, but it was kinda loud, so she said "Sorry it's kinda loud in here". But what made it better though, was right in front of her desk was a little wood house that said "Don't Open." So I opened it. And it had some contraption that made the whole wood house explode, and wood pieces were going everywhere. Kabing, Kaboom, Kapow ... and the whole office got some big kick out of what I thought was a bomb. Anyways, I felt bad for the lady, it being so loud. It's all worked out though, and my visa stuff should be all set. 

I have recently been upgraded in my position in the zone, and me and my companion are now Sacrament Coordinators. Which means we coordinate the sacraments. We assign all the important duties around here. So no Mail Guy anymore, lame. 

We got to teach an actual Argentinian through skype a few days ago. That was cool. She was totally crazy though. She was speaking English, because she was working on her English, and halfway through the lesson she says, "I'm going to be an investigator now."  Then she starts speaking Spanish and going off on how the missionaries just steal money, and that we should leave her house. So I said that we are in the computer and not in her house, "Somos en un computadora, no somos en su casa". 

Dube, that African guy in the Seventy, came to speak and gave some sweet words I enjoyed. About when he become part of the Seventy, and he thought he was somewhat below the other members, and then received some words from the Lord saying, that the service is not about you, but about the Lord and His church. I started to realize what this mission is all about. Not that I didn't know before. But I think sometimes we get selfish thinking that we come on a mission for ourselves, to either make us feel better, receive more blessings, or make us stonger as members.  These blessings do come. But instead, these should just be an outcome of giving our all to the Lord. I liked that. It's helped me focus on giving my all, and being a REAL MISSIONARY. Because the Lord has called me to do, and to do it with all I got. The called-to-serve man. 

Anyways, Matt Simmons totally leaves to Madrid on Tuesday, because apparently they have "More Russians" there.  So we started doing this thing when we see each other. We get really pumped. Like in the cafeteria... Matt saw me and was like, "NO WAY, IS THAT GREENE" and then I would turn around and be like, "HOLY CANOLI, IS THAT A SIMMONS I'M SEEING." Its kinda obnoxious, but is also funny because everyone around starts staring, thinking that this is some kind of big reunion, but in actuality we do this everyday. Matt's companion is so funny because he started hopping in on it as kind of a side character. 

So cool story... me and the cool cats (my district), were sitting in our room when our Zone Leader came in saying Hi. We thought he was giving us some "business", but instead he was giving some real business. All of a sudden he's like, "which one of you losers is down for a tie trade?" And he lifts up his shirt and under the armpit of his G's are like 30 ties. And then I realized what was about to go down... some black market tie trading. Because apparently that has been frowned upon around the MTC. Anyway that's the new thing, low key tie trading. Our Zone Leader is funny because he has like all these ties from his dad and other people with sentiment, and he belives that the love in the tie transfers over to the next person through the tie trade. Makes sense. Don't worry, I'm no pushover when it comes down to tie trading. 

Highlight - We did get a fridge. Turns out the room a couple doors down had one too, and offered to give it to us because they were leaving. Once again the lord provides. 

Recently we have been trying to prove who is the king in ping pong, and whoever it is, gets to play the Branch President. He's super chill. 

I got to host some new missionaries coming in. Our district was actually pretty much the stand by the hot choclate. And we would wave to all the newcomers. It's super fun because we are all pumped, and every kid comes out of the car crying, and parents are crying, but they can only talk for like a minute, and then we say, "Move along. See ya in two mom and dad". And then we start waving again, and are super excited. 

After like 6 month of not working out at all, I finally got back into a habit, and am feeling real refreshed. So that's good. 

Anyways, love you guys, great hearing from you.

NOS Vemos.
Elder Verde

No comments:

Post a Comment