Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 015 - I Caught The Spell and Threw It Right Back At Her

Hey Fellas, you guys are awesome! I love how awesome you are. Whoa this is crazy, you are so awesome. 

Shuvia, Shuvia Shuvia, (thats how you pronounce “rain” here, but I think it’s spelled “lluvia”) … There is tons of it. All week it's been raining here, which means everyone is inside, way copado! Because all the people working in the campo are all inside, which is like half of Galves. The people who work in the campo (fields) work all day, and randomly, so it’s hard to have meetings with those people. But check this … So Friday it decides it was not going to rain and the outcome was a ton of humidity, where like all my stuff is wet, or damp. All my papers, and all my envelops are sealed. Dang it. And my bed feels soaked when it’s actually not. It’s weird. But it’s all good, cause a day later it rained again. Always with the rain, and the streets are always flooded, drains are really not a thing here. 

Emma and the boss man look mighty fresh! As always. 

I am so pumped for the next 3 months that there is mail coming. Really it depends how big it is, because this one elder had his birthday like 3 and a half months ago, and he got a package for his birthday yesterday. 

Check it... Elder Ricra is gone and I got a new companion, Elder De La Rosa. He’s a capo from the Dominican Republic. Still chillin in Galves. Sweet! De La Rosa speaks pretty good English, that’s sweet. He says everyone tries to learn English where he’s from because he lives around all these resorts close to the beach. Also because only English speakers are good at playing online video games. I thought that was kind of a funny motivation. 

I actually met two other people who spoke English this week. One lady who lived in Santa Barbara for like thirty years. I could tell she was kind of excited, when I heard behind me, "Where are you from?" in a Spanish accent. It kind of scared me. We taught this lady who has a daughter that teaches in English, so I had a cool conversation. I tried teaching her but she gave everyones favorite excuse, "soy catolico". Yeah, and why do you have the Virgin Mary all over your house and not Jesus? C’mon!

I met this 17 year old this week, and Elder Ricra offered that I can help him with English. What was funny though, was that the boy asked where he was from and  I said the estados unidos, and he said "oh it's alright, I’m trying to learn British English." Ahh I get it, you don’t want to learn my crappy American English. I get it. 

I learned my new favorite word this week… “druchos,” or at least thats how it’s pronounced, but it’s pretty much like fake or poser. But some guy on his porch screamed out to us, "Who are you," and we said, “The missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ.” And he said, "who?” And we said, “Los Mormones,” and he said after, "Oh... los druchos.” So we are the druchos. And we also sacrifice children. Just on Tuesdays though. We get yelled at sometimes, but it’s awesome. And we get hyped like... "persecution yeah!" One lady this week said our salvation is at stake, because we go to church on Sundays. Of course, these other churches are messing with minds, I swear. I actually got a spell thrown at me. This gypsy lady started jibberjabbing some crazy sounds, and pointing her fingers at me outside our pension. She didn’t seem too happy. But it’s ok, I caught the spell, and threw it right back at her. Haven’t seen her since. That was a close one. 

I got a sweet pick this week with this mannequin that has dropped his pants for the past 2 weeks. C’mon man, pull up your pants. 

I got a sweet call from Daniel Catolino yesterday, who doesn’t have a phone. Daniel Catolino had a baptismal date, but we haven’t been able to make contact with him because he’s never home. But yesterday he made the effort to find a phone and call us, and will meet us on Friday at his house. Sounds like he wants this. 

The family of Augustine are great. They haven’t come to church, but we are going to teach them about Sundays. They randomly pop in new members of the family when we come. And they are the only family we teach that have internet and a tv. And the love watching movies, so we showed them the church website and watched the mormon messages. We showed them the restoration video, and we asked the mom if she thought Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and asked why? And she said, "Well, I just saw God talking to him.” So … she might think the actual first vision of Joseph Smith was recorded on video. 

I love you guys and love your pictures.  I have a few also of the the rainy good times.  I’m like the selfie king around here.


    Me and a mannequin, and a goat. Goats are kind of a thing here.



Our competition. They sell gatorade in glass bottles and the fruit punch flavor actually tasts like fruits.  







Mosquitos are going nuts. And the strap of my bag decided to break, so i fixed it.










No comments:

Post a Comment