Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 013 - The Stray Horse Is Like The New Stray Dog

Alrighty Fam - This week was fantastic. Full of stormy weather and good times in Santa Fe. Every week I just get reminded of how sick nasty my Fam is straight killing it in the Texas.
It was super awesome to see some Gen Con, and I have been doing the calculations, and at this rate, I only have 3 conferences left in the mission, because get this, there is 2 conferences in 1 year. Counting down the conferences. General conference was super awesome.  It’s like Christmas.  We went to the stake center in Santa Fe, which is like 2 hours away… so 2 hour nap, sweet. I thought I was going to have to watch it in Spanish, but I found a bunch of Gringos with the office missionaries watching it in English. So… I got some stuff out of conference. I had the nuttiest headache at the end, because I was staring a computer screen for 10 hour straight (we watched the “world report" in between the conferences).
I thought this was a fantastic conference. A lot of great testimonies. And President Eyring starts off the conference fantastically with his testimony. I love it when he talks, because I feel the spirit every time. There was a ton of talks on adversity, which I thought was awesome. A lot of people seem to think that God does not care about them, because they are having some rough times. Well that’s some crap, because I don’t see anywhere in the Bible that says… life’s completely a wonderfully good time. Those were some serious answers for a lot of or less-active members who don’t come because of stuff like that.
We actually got to go to Santa Fe twice this week,  because earlier in the week we had a conference where Elder Giovanni came from the Seventy. He’s from Argentina, and I didn’t think that, so when his wife started talking to me, I didn’t expect a thousand Spanish words to come at me like that. It was pretty good … for what I got out of it… "Missionary work is important."  
So I’ve slowly seen my mind change on this mission. Like all of a sudden, I can understand books and I like to read. So now I want to read like all the time. Personal study is like the highlight of my day, I read all about Cain, Who is apparently still cruising around the earth, scaring kids on Halloween and such.
I have been able to get a little action with my mission president; I think he does recognize me as a missionary, probably because of my name tag. Usually I just say “hola presidente.” It’s great.
Other than Santa Fe, Galves is still awesome, and still crazy. I recently saw a cotton candy truck. What are people doing with all these ice cream trucks, when you can just work a trailer with a cotton candy machine on the back? The streets are kind of flooded with all the rain and such. I’m loving the rain a lot better than the heat.
Everyone is still getting diabetes. Like no joke. I talk to people all the time about how their brother just got diabetes. My answer to this is, “you probably should lay off the cookies and Mate.” Everyone is always eating these bags full of assorted cookies, and drinking Mate, which is like an herb drink that people load with sugar. So we eat a lot of cookies. It’s a plus.
I’ve been seeing some stray horses lately. I don’t know if it would be wrong to ride one, because we don’t have a car. Horses would be way cool. But I don’t know... the stray horse is like the new stray dog.
We had a funny experience with Donato. He is still kind of having a tough time with prayer. Like sometimes he doesn’t say Jesus Christ. But the other day he said, “in the name of my son, my grandchildren, and the holy ghost. Amen." That was kind of funny. We didn’t know what to say, so we left it alone for another time. I don’t know where he got that.
So Ernesto, who we talked about last week, skipped town. He’s been out of a job for a while, and since we met him we’ve been praying for him to find a new job. So he did. In like a week.  But it was 3 hours away, and we don’t really know where he is, and his mom doesn’t really know either. Hopefully someday he can find the gospel again.
The picture I sent you last week with the stature; I don’t really know who that guy is, and no one else really knows either, but it stands in the middle of a large roundabout, and we can say if it’s the original Galves.
Emma told me about a crazy sick free concert with 21 Pilots and Kendrick. Lame, missed that by 3 months.
It’s all good … I get to listen to people sing Pink Floyd all the time. No joke. When people learn that I’m from America, they go right into Pink Floyd. Funny.
Love you guys. And you are awesome.
p.s. That’s a nice computer.
The Elder Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment