Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week 028 - The Path To Be Clean

Whoahoahao! You guys are just too awesome right now, I am too jealous. Girl’s camp. I’m usually jealous about it, and I’ll get over it, but Pokémon Go, that’s a whole other level of jealousy right there. I’ve been talking about the concept with my friends for like the past year, and now it sounds like it is exceeding expectations, by the fact people playing stop traffic and are running off cliffs to catch a Pikachu. It’s so funny because Elder Hill, who is right next to me, just got an email about this as well, and just ten minutes ago I heard, "NOOOO WAYYY! WE MISSED IT!" And then ten minutes later I get an email from you guys talking about the same thing. It’s revolutionary.
I just got an email, from The Matt Simmons. He said all the missionaries got fired in Russia over some kind of new anti-terrorist law, so they can’t proselyte anymore; except talking with the members. Crazy.
Galvez is great.
Mom said she wanted a good service story… so I’ve got one. This one comes from the man, DO-NA-TO! We were just talking about this in church about service and Caridad and the President asked Donato if he had any stories about service and how he felt. And Donato is like the story king; you just have to be a little patient because he´ll pull out the old "si, si muy bueno si Jesus Christo muy Bueno." But after he said that, he said that the other day he was making lunch when he saw Pablo (my body my body Pablo), who has some money issues and asked if he could eat with him for lunch. He said he liked that because he felt clean. I think that is totally on point. And that is the kind of knowledge we all need. The fact that being good people makes us clean. I think some people just think that Jesus Christ came to teach us how to be good-doers, which is not the fact; but he came to teach us how to be clean, and provided the path to be clean. So when we do service we are clean, and when we leave out service, we are not clean. Like it says in the Book of Mormon, we will be judged for our bad works and for our good works. So that’s our little lesson from Donato today.
Check this, thanks to Elder McKell (clutch king), right now we have a basketball hoop in the apartment. He has one of those door basketball hoops; pretty sick. Just got to hit a three pointer before I went out the door.
Also check this, I don’t think these things exist in the U.S. because there are too many idiots and they might fall and die but… there are these chocolate eggs you can buy for like 75 cents, and inside are cool little toys. So that’s the cool thing right now. And they are all Ice Age toys because I guess there is a new Ice Age movie. Who would of thought?
So I’ve been thinking of some ideas on how we can teach in these other towns that are around us. As I was lying in bed I recalled the words of Patrick Star when Bikini Bottom was trying to flee from the "Alaskan Bull Worm” (Sponge Bob Squarepants reference). And in the words of Patrick, he suggests, "Why don’t we take Bikini Bottom and push it somewhere else?"... And you can fill in what my great idea was.
We got to teach this guy Jorge last night. Actually we were trying to teach his whole family but they got a little sidetracked. We asked if we could start off with a prayer and they agreed. But it turned into me saying the prayer, and everyone else repeating what I was saying in a loud whisper voice, while also saying, "si si si senor, simpre sonor." But with so many people in the room, it just sound like a bunch of "pshpshpshpshpshshshshpsh." It was awesome. But this guy is a member of Principa de Paz (our rival church here in Galvez). Not really. But they are teaching a lot of anti-Mormon stuff, because our investigators that go to their church dipped out and never want to do anything more with us. Lame. All the young families go to that church because it’s a “fiesta."
We had a lame moment where we could not find Matias, which is totally weird because we talked to him that morning. He saw us in the street, but when we called him to see if he was in his house, he just hung up. So a little lame. But I bought a cake after so that was good. Hopefully he’s doing alright.
We had an awesome lesson with Mr. Gaucho man, who has been really having a rough time searching for faith. But when I asked him to pray at the end of the lesson, he did, and really said a prayer that totally touched my heart, at least as he asked god with sincerity to help him have faith. He doesn’t really understand faith, and we are helping him with that.
Everything is great here in Galvez.
Oh yeah, we had 19 people in the capilla this Sunday, it was awesome for reals, and they were all members. IT’S THE VISION!!
I love you guys! It’s great to hear from you!











No comments:

Post a Comment