Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 036 - A Whole Colony of Yasucks

Wowzers! Thanks for all the Birthday good times. It’s really crazy that I’ll be 20 years old! Nutz! And in Argentina. Too legit...to quit!
I loved the birthday video. It was so awesome… that when it showed up on the screen, it was upside down. Still super awesome!
And I can’t believe that the excursion is totally gone. I didn’t realize how old it was until you sent those pics, and seeing us from like 10 years ago! Incredible!
And Katie, the world is totally in your favor. You and the groove cats are looking too fresh for picture day. Fantastic!
It is really crazy to have a birthday here. I had to be reminded by a member yesterday that my birthday is tomorrow. She invited us over for some good meats…. Sick!
We actually have a ton of lunches this week with members. Especially Donato. I guess he found a ton of money in his bank account, and he doesn’t really know what saving is, and he keeps buying us cokes. That dude’s got to chill! Ha! Vamos!
Check it… so last week we had to change cybers because it was "closed for the duel." At first, I thought it was some kind of funny video game event, until I walked by the Kodak store and also saw a sign that said "closed for duel.” I realized there is something more going on than meets the eye. In fact, I believe there must be a family feud between the owners of the cyber and the owners of the camera store... and there’s a duel going on!  I just tried asking him, “what’s the deal with the duel?” But they’re keeping quiet... go figure.
This week was great… we headed our way on Saturday to the Costernera. It’s in Santa Fe on the coast of the river. Really nice area with the first chapel of Santa Fe. I was told that about 20 times, so I’m pretty sure it’s the first chapel of Santa Fe. But we were there for an open chapel and it was great. Costanera is one of the most difficult areas, so not too many people came, but it was still a fantastic event for those who did. So Elder House and I, went around the coast, trying to get people to come to the event. People were more focused on their mate (drink); but still, it’s cool to meet random people. We did get a couple of younger guys to go, which was cool, and I found this churro guy, and he asked what I was doing (oldest trick in the book). So we explained, and we gave him like 100 invitations to the event, that he passed out and explained to whoever bought churros! Clutch city!
That morning we were supposed to find a less active woman, and we spent like 2 hours looking for this woman with the last name Yasuck . We learned there is apparently a whole colony of Yasucks, and every time you ask where this woman is living, people just pointed in some random direction. We finally found her, and she wanted nothing to do with us. But her 3 year old son liked us, so we gave him an invitation.
Man, we spent a lot of this week trying to find some of our investigators that totally disappeared. But we’ve mostly been teaching Dario. He’s awesome. I was actually kind of concerned, and wanted to drop everything else, because he realized how real this got, and if he were baptized he would have to really commit. Apparently he likes his free time. But we shared with him some personal experiences, and he realized how much we were alike; except for the fact that we’re not fifty. But no, he really wants to commit and change his life, because he feels like he's been in the dark for a long time. He came to church this Sunday and really enjoyed it. So much so, that he fell asleep the last hour. He said it was very peaceful. There was a member of the stake presidency who came and was getting some alone time with Dario, and apparently they were getting into some deep stuff, because Dario came back asking all about how the earth will become the celestial kingdom, once it transforms and become celestialized. They came out saying "THE CELSTIAL KINGDOM IS HERE!"
Ahh… anyways…
We tried getting Daniel Catalino to come to church, because he really promised us that he would come, and we made it to his house, and he opens the door and he realized what was about to happen... he just starts repeating, "QUE HAGO, QUE HAGO, QUE HAGO!"… looking back at the clock, and back at us, over and over again. The guy was so stuck, he had no idea what to say, but talk out loud repeating what I was saying… “you come to church man.” Funny people.
But yeah, not a ton happened this week.
Always, there are dogs... It’s funny… some dogs are always with each other wherever they go. So its hard not to start singing the fox and the hound song, "when you’re the best of friends." Then you realize that singer pulls out some serious jive. And you can’t help but talking all day like that. "Ey comp, cop me a sice dat boof jaunt" when all your asking for is a cookie.
Man I love it here. And it’s super great to be here for my birthday.
Dad that’s an incredible picture of you and the fellas back in the day. Broncos are life.
I love you guys and I hope grandma and grandpa have a fantastic Anniversary trip. Seems like that will be a fantastic event!
I really loved the video guys, really.

Pictures:
Super cool package. Maybe the coolest of packages. And me eating skittles.
3 dollars for 32 eggs from my hook up spot. Eggs for days.









No comments:

Post a Comment