Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 038 - My House Is Blessed, Therefore Everything In It Is blessed!

What is up family!
That looked like a serious exciting week for the Greene Fam! I love the pictures you guys sent, especially Mom´s sassy poses.
The Elders next to me are surprised that they are making another Transformers movie. But check it, they are going to keep making them if everyone is going to keep seeing them. Elder Hill believes we should go on strike and take a stance. A little fight to the man!
I love that story grandpa told, of his return after his mission, really neat. England is really neat. They lost America, but they still have Malvinas. That’s what the Falkland Islands are called here, Argentina still thinks they own them. No joke that comes up in almost all of our lessons. "You guys from England?"- “Nope. America” - “Same thing. You guys are always trying to take Malvinas from us!" – “I’m sorry.”
We were talking to this man yesterday that knew history on all the presidents of the United States. I was very impressed. His name is Herwin Guadagnoli, and he was getting into a fight with his wife, on whether or not the United States has the death penalty. It was a great moment to be Texan and say, "Yes we do. And guns.” They are a great family and we were able to teach the restoration of the gospel with them, but they really like to focus on "oh yeah, we believe that too.” Well let me get to the best part about Joseph Smith, before you cut me off to say the same thing! They are awesome.
We were contacting houses... the usual. Then we found Johnny; and Johnny is wack. Somehow we got into a three hour lesson. We were just talking to him and he would ask, "You got to stay over for dinner"- "You got to stay for ice cream"- "You got to wait for my kids to come home"- So yeah, we were there for a long time. But this guy is telling us stories with his wife, of when he worked for this special type of police force and had to cut off some guy’s fingers. That doesn’t sound like the police to me, but whatever. I asked, “Should we bless the food.” He laughed and said, “My house is blessed, therefore everything in it is blessed!” That makes sense to me.
So I realized something the other day, I haven’t seen the Witch Lady in two weeks, which is kind of weird, because she is usually around doing witch stuff. Then I realized two weeks ago was when she yelled at us saying, “With my powers, I’m going to take out mackery" (the president).” So I guess that is her mission, and we should see some more of that on the news soon.
This week we were able to see the Romeros again, and they are too cool. They are the type of people who when the Lord asks, they will do it. We are laying down the commandments of the Lord, and they agree in seconds. Why? Because it’s the way of the Lord.
Today we had special P-day. I guess that’s a thing, and it’s my first one. I guess we never go to them because Galvez is so far away from our district. So we got to go today, because we have a zone conference tomorrow.
Anyway… I have to make this email quick because we have a short supply of computers and the cybers are closed today. But it was a fantastic week, and I love you guys, and I’m about send some sweet pictures, because I realized you don’t really know a lot of the faces of people who I talk to.
Elder Greene



With Donato

Ebelia keeps making us fix stuff, and this time she said, "here fix my TV wires" ... easy.

Mirta and Nelda (left)

Electra

No comments:

Post a Comment