Sunday, October 9, 2016

Week 039 - They Fired Me And Sent Me To Recreo

Hey you kids!
Wow, that’s a fantastic trip with the Bronco! It has already lasted a lot longer with you so far than with me. I don’t remember taking any kind of part out of the car.  All the parts, including suspension springs, were left in the Bronco. Those crazy car shop fellas are always taking our stuff. But great road trip. Sorry you had to do it alone. And I’m also loving the big truck hat in the bronco pic. Vamos!
You can tell Christian Linford, I wish I was there to see the great jump. That kid is too cool.
Check this! I’m totally not in Galves. They fired me, and sent me to Recreo, another farmer town. President said, “Dog, you’re going to love this place, because it’s just like Galvez, but with a ward." Yesss! It was sad to say goodbyes to the old Galvezese! And I received little notice. We were told Friday afternoon, and we had to leave that night for Santa Fe, to watch general conference the next day. So I was not able to find Donato. But I did leave him note. I was able to say goodbye to Mirta, Ebelia, Hermano Pujol, Dario, and Brian the mechanic, The "MI CASA" Lady, she owns the hamburger pizza restaurant called "Mi Casa". I’ll have to take you there sometime.
But now I’m in Recreo. And there is a ward here, with like 50 members… Awesome! My companion is Elder Andrew. He’s from Tustin California. Such a capo! And so far it’s been great. We showed up last night with three hours left in the day, and we had two lesson, without any planning, and one was with a member. Awesome.
And apparently we get fed every day. Whattttt! And the feasting has already started. We went to the parents of the stake president’s home. They feed the missionaries every Tuesday, and they don’t even eat with us. They just make a ton of food for us and eat in the other room. I think they have the missionaries over so much and they know the missionaries just run out of talking about a lo of things. So anyway, Recreo is awesome.
The place we are staying is like a house, with a garage, but we don’t have a car, so it’s just a giant shoe room. Cool.
Man, wasn’t conference awesome. I totally agree mom. And I really appreciated Elder Nelson's talk, as well as the others. There was a great theme in the plan of salvation, as well as getting your testimony of Jesus in check, and looking beyond the mark. The testimony of Jesus is essential for exaltation, and that testimony needs to be on point. We can find that testimony through our testimony of the Book of Mormon, which is the truest of all books, and a testament of Jesus Christ in itself. I did really appreciate the talks given, and I am excited to look back upon them later, once I can. But man how great the knowledge is that we have of the plan of salvation. There’s a lot of joy in that, and a lot of joy when we share it. Because that’s big news that a lot of people don’t know about. And once they know it, it totally changes their perspective on everything.
Man things are good right now. For you guys it’s cooling down, but here it’s heating up. It’s already started, but it’s all good. I’m in a new cyber right now and they have Phil Collins playing, so we’ll see, it should be a good week.
One lame thing about Recreo is that there is no Pablo, and now who’s going to go around asking me for change or see if he can get some gum (smokes).
I love you guys, for reals. No jokes around here. And I’m glad Katie is still killing the cello! It was a great weekend in the Church of Jesus Christ!
Elder Greene
Also Dario and Family Romero are doing awesome and are on their war to being baptized! We’ll here more on that in the future! You guys are great!
In front of the Galvez chapel
Donato's garden (we found it!!)
Mi Casa
Familia Pujol
Hermano Pujol (aka future missionary) Elder Robles…Capo
Train tracks
Shoe room

 

No comments:

Post a Comment