Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 042 - Look, It’s A Chinito Negrito

Hi Guys! 

I’m loving it. That is a car. Too fresh! I’m sure it will be a car full of a lifetime of good memories! 

And man Katie did you show them what’s up at homecoming! Katie you were looking pretty fresh and I bet your running man was pretty fresh as well … all night. That’s the only way to kill the dance floor. 

You guys and your American music … I’ve slowly developed to like Spanish music, I hear it too much. There’s very few moments on my mission where I’m not listening to Latino music. For reals, people here keep these huge sound systems in their house, and at every block someone is blasting something. It’s pretty sweet. Parties every day. What more can you ask for. But it’s annoying sometime when you’re teaching lessons (because we usually teach lessons outside). 

It has been a great week here. The sun is coming out, and so is the HEAT! It’s pretty good though. I’ll have the dankest farmers tan by next winter! I’ve needed some of that vitamin D. 

Check this, I’ve been learning some serious brick work lately. Lalo has been needing some help on his house, so we’ve been helping him out. So if you didn’t know, pretty much every house here is made of brick and cement. No one is too worried about a natural disaster coming. But yeah, we went to work, and slabbed down like a hundred bricks on his new asador and his roof. This is how they get the bricks on the roof - you get someone on the roof and you chuck three bricks up at a time. So hopefully the person up top can catch bricks. It’s awesome. 

After we worked. Lalo made us some fish pizza. I’ve never heard of this before, but its grilled fish, and then you put some dang good pizza sauce and cheese on top. You should try it sometime. FISH PIZZA IS LIFE. 

We were also able to eat with family Chavez again. We are working with them on having a family home evening. So this week we should have a good one with family Chavez, and the husband should prepare something nice, and with dinner. Their kid Joaquin is so funny - he was at the super market and he saw a little black Asian, and he was going nutz about the "Chinito Negrito" all day. "Mama, look, it’s a Chinito Negrito!" He was so pumped. 

We’ve been traveling a lot, because there are supposed to be two other Elders in Recreo but they had to leave for an emergency. So we’ve been taking the bus almost every day to get to the other side of Recreo and visit the investigators of the other missionaries. Including the Gonzalez family kids; we are just teaching the kids of this family because the parents don’t really care about anything. But there are like 7 kids and they are all totally nutz. They love going to church and to all the activities, but man, to have a lesson with them is totally nutz. Especially with the youngest girl; she’ll just randomly show up and scream in my face during a lesson. But not only the lessons with her family; we were a couple houses down in another lesson with Horacio, when randomly the same girl shows up, stands in front of us, and just yells nonsense and leaves. It happens. 

But Horacio is just the nicest guy, and loves showing us his flowers all the time.

We brought this guy Manuel to church. He’s actually a less active guy that we just found knocking doors. We’ve only talked to him, and taught him, and while in class he shares with us, “I should probably bring my 13 kids to church as well, they are all baptized too." Good idea Manuel. 13 kids! They don’t own a car, but they own a horse carriage. So maybe they will show up in a horse carriage next Sunday with 15 people! 

Horse carriages are so common in Santa Fe, that in the actually city there are horse carriage traffic signs. I love it. 

We had to make a trip to Santa Fe today, and we thought, "Hey, why not stop at the old McDonald’s?" So we went and each got a Big Mac Grande. It gave us a bit of home for p-day. So that was fun and awesome. 

People lately have been asking me what kind of food Americans eat, and I realize there is not a lot of specialty food that America has, because it’s just food from other countries. The only thing I can think of is barbeque. So you have to let me know if there is anything else. But we made some barbeque chicken empanadas the other day with a family and they said it was some of the best empanadas they have ever had. So I guess America does it well with the barbeque. 

I love you guys. It was another great week on the mission! It really is super great. I miss you guys. Have another great week, and thumbs up Dad (the big kahuna) for just doing great at ExxonMobil. People ask me what my dad does for work and I tell them the truth. My day sells the best oil around!

P.S.  In the future, if you guys are ever sending packages to me - we are not allowed to receive packages, and the church will not take them. But cards are totally cool.

Elder Greene!

No comments:

Post a Comment