Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 062 - He’s Got Package! He’s Got Package!

Geeze ... I am a bit jealous at the moment of your guys’ sweet Disney trip. But it looks like you had the jazziest of times. Disney doesn’t seem to ever disappoint for the Greene family.
I agree with Claire. Russell has no place in a princess signature book. Sacrifices must be made.
I also like that you guys cashed in the Disney coin jar. I’m sure you guys had a good 5 churros with those coins. I actually cashed in all my coins in today as well. Since the beginning of my mission I’ve been collecting every coin I had. And it became such a hassle of weight that I decided to cash it in. And because we were running low on our monthly budget, because of all our Santa Fe trips. So yeah, it turns out I had like 600 pesos of coins, which is like 40 bucks. That’ll get you 4 churros.
So we are at a new transfer, and nothing has really changed. I am still in Recreo with the Brazileno, Elder Campos. It looks like I’ll be in Recreo until the end of my mission. There was another Elder here that came with me from the MTC and he had almost 13 month here. People don’t leave Recreo.
But it should be a great transfer, because we are starting off great with the baptism of Aldana Ramirez and Marisol Argota. Marisol is the sister of Sergio Argota, and Aldana is the neighbor of Marisol. Connections whoa! The ward has a temple trip this weekend so they are planning on getting baptized Sunday in the morning at 8 in the morning, right before church starts. Cool. Real cool. Maite Ramirez, the sister of Aldana, wants to take more time before making the decision to be baptized.
Teaching the Ramirez family is pretty nuts because we always teach in front of the house. Inside doesn’t have much room, so they want us to teach outside. So I've never even gone past their fence before. I met them in front of the fence, and ever since we have taught in front of the fence. But for some reason they have to keep a ton of dogs at their house. But the dogs that live at the house are friends with all the dogs from this street. And so during our lessons, we are joined with at least 15 other dogs. and every once in a while they get in these little fights over nothing. And the mama Ramirez gets so wild up about it, she goes into a rampage screaming "BASTA" and calling for her dogs. There are also two huge labs which are the dogs of the neighbors and they are the mean dogs and don’t like it when the 15 other dogs go onto their property. They only keep one of the dogs on a leash which is a rope around its neck, and it’s the smallest of the dogs. It’s a really weird dog though, because it’s always whining and wanting to be carried. But when it tries to run away it gets wrecked in a tug of war match with Mama Ramirez. And she whips that dog's back hard. Anyway it’s totally nuts, I can talk about the weird things dogs do for hours.
So I totally received your package, and wow, it came fast. It was pretty great to receive a package. Especially because we can’t really receive them outside the country. And so everyone looks at you like you just got the golden ticket, "Oh man, is that a package?" "You got a package." "Hey what’s in the package?" And then everyone is screaming, "He’s got package! He’s got package!" And by then you just have to run home to show grandpa. But thank you so much for the great gifts. The shoes are really great, and are definitely going to last me until the end of the mish. With these shoes ... now people look at me in the street thinking, "Wow, look at that jazz!” And having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was a pretty great moment this year. And the card was really funny, because I hear the word "freakin" plenty of times. There are tons of these funny Utah boys that just have the worst habit of saying “freakin.” And the worst is “fetchin.” But it’s so common that every South American missionary says it as well. For me it’s kind of a good thing because I've become so sick of it, that I don’t think saying "freakin" will be such a problem for me in the future.
I love you guys and hope you get back into the groove of work and school.




No comments:

Post a Comment