Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week 093 - Make A Trip To Texas And Stay A Night At The Greene Manor

Hello Family,

So we all decided on the name Potsy for the dog? I assume he's named after Richie’s friend from Happy Days, because other than that I’ve never heard of the name Potsy. Anyways personally I love the name.

It’s really cool that the stake puts on that Halloween carnival, I remember you guys telling me about it last year. I love the costumes, they are all Impressive.  Halloween doesn’t exist here, I hear in Buenos Aires, it’s a thing, but here no. people usually think it’s a made up movie thing. People always ask questions like that. "Do you guys really go knocking on doors dressed up and people give you free candy? Or “Do you guys really hang people socks over the fire place?" “Yes yes we do. It’s awesome up there."

When I left on the mission I brought a ton of pictures with me, and one picture I have is me sleeping on the couch outside next to the pool.  It’s one of the pictures mom gave me before I left. Anyways, someone in the ward asked to see some of my pictures and I brought them and they saw this one picture. Later I go to church right, and at church there’s always Mormon gossip that only the Mormons care about, it’s like high school. Anyways words now out that I live in a mansion, and now everyone is asking me all about my mansion. like no joke for three hours  People asked me about my tennis courts, my tanning salon, my garage with my 6-8 cars, my 16 bathrooms, cleaning ladies, and the pool with a couch next to it. It was the joke in every class. But with all honesty, I invited everyone to make the trip to Texas and stay a night in the Greene manor.

One of the families we visit has a 3 year old son named Cyro, and recently taught him to call me "Greene Capo" it’s like cool guy Greene. Alright sweet, that’s me. But in the middle of sacrament meeting yesterday, in the middle of all the silence. This kid decides it was a good time to start yelling for "Greene Capo" in the back of the chapel. But not just once, walking around the entire chapel constantly saying "GREENE CAPO; GREENE CAPO, GREENE CAPO". My companion turns to me and says "Hey I think someone’s calling for you." No I think it’s someone else. So I just pretended like there was another capo named Greene. but now the names sticking with me, but people like to say capo Grinch, because for some reason no one can pronounce Greene, but everyone can pronounce Grinch; other than the 3 year old.

The family Molina that we've been teaching had to move back to their old home really fast, and it’s in another ward. So we won’t be teaching them anymore. Luckily other missionaries from our district work in their new ward, so we can communicate with them well to help this family. 

So now we are just focusing our time on teaching two brothers names Sebastian and Juan Leiva. Their brother Emanuel is a member for the last 6 years, but is currently inactive. The brothers want to get baptized but only by their brother. Mainly they only want to go to church with their brother. There’s a lot of bad vibes between these brother. Lack of unity and they always fight. They especially beat up on their younger brother Sebastian. But he's gone to church before with his brothers, and knows that when they go to church or when they read the scriptures, it’s the only times when they get along and the only times when they show love to each other. So when they go to church, they only go with their older brother Emanuel. Sebastian and Juan are also pretty rebellious and don’t listen to their family, so Emanuel doesn’t think that they should be baptized because they aren’t ready, and doesn’t believe that they will ever change. We taught him the Importance of faith in the lord and his promises, that there are some things that we cannot see, but we should have all trust in the lord, and he in return will fulfill his promises. But still it’s hard for Emanuel to see that.

There’s a story in 2 kings of the prophet Elisha who was in Israel and the king of Syria sent men to go and seize the prophet Elisha. And one of the servants of Elisha was scared of what was going to happen but the prophet Geisha was not. It says...

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Elisha was not scared because he saw that the lord was protecting them and the servant did not. But his eyes were opened by the lord, through the faithful prayer of Elisha. I think Emanuel fails to see the goodness that will come upon his brothers through baptism, but I think through our prayers the eyes of Emanuel will be opened, so that these two brothers can walk in the path of Christ.

I love you guys and all that you do!

Elder Greene

This link is a comercial of one of Argentina's favorite dishes and deserts mixed together (they should not be mixed). Churi Flan. There’s a version in English







No comments:

Post a Comment