Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 021 - Jealous That I Can Handle The Beans

Wowzers! What a week for you guys. 

Another year at the NRG. Way to kill it at graduation Emma! It's ok, I didn't know who the principle was last year. Did you bring a bunch of snacks with you? Graduation gets a little long. I remember graduation being a good time, because everyone in my row (or the school) didn't know me; but when I brought out the Ritz and Oreos, then everyone knew me. 

That's incredible that yesterday was Memorial Day, because I had no idea. But Argentina does celebrate through the whole month.  I think it's like the month de la vida. I dont know, and I don't think the Argentineans know. 

But we do know that we eat locro this month. Which was awesome. Team Locro made a nice Locro this year. Pretty much all the ladies of the ward got up early on Wednesday and started stewing up some random meats and such in the church. And for lunch the whole ward came to eat it. But not only that, we had several less-actives come and investigators and all sorts of random people. There were like 30 people. i guess when you tell people there is locro, they are going to come. So we are doing something like this activity this next month and we are making empanadas. VAMOS GALVEZ! The locro was way good with like beans, corn, and stuff. Aparently no one eats beans here, so it hit the members hard the next day.  I only at like 4 plates of the locro, and now it's the never ending joke, that I'm  the skinny missionary that eats like piles of food. No joke, everyone just goes around now making fun of me because I ate 4 plates of locro. And most of the time I don't even know what they are saying, just that they are laughing and pointing at me, especially Presidente Ohera. I think they are just jealous that I can hande the beans, and they can't. 

So we had transfers yesterday, and the only person that left Galves was Elder Hafen. And we have a new elder from CAAANADA.(thats how Argentinians like to say Canada). His name is Elder Stoooodly, and he looks exactly how you would image him from his name... Stoodly. He's a fine chap. 

I got a nice call the other day from a women who called the phone. We have no idea who she was, but she knew some English. She calls, and Elder De La Rosa answers, and she says "is this the Yankey?" And he was like, "nope." And then she says, "I want the Yankey." So Elder De La Rosa gives me the phone. "Que", I said. And she said " I love you." With a really bad accent. And I was like, "no you can't do that." And she just kept saying it, "I love you. I love. I love."  And I was like, "no. no. no." Then she was like, "Novio. Novio. Novio." I had to cut it off. It was flattering, but come on... I'm on a mission. For reals though... we have no idea who called. And she hasn't called again. 

We met this lady the other day. Her name is SALONCH. For reals. We were like what is Salonch? Now it's like the neverendiing joke. Everytime we smell something gross in the street, we are like "aww it smells like Salonch!" 

So I've come to the conclusion that the Catholics have totally corrupted these people's minds. So if you know anything about Catholics, they love their saints. And you can choose you favorite saint. And worship that saint. And different countries make up different saints. My faorite is Guachito Hill. He looks like a cowboy farmer, and people keep statues of him in their front door. Aparently he's really cool, and likes to give away free stuff. So when I met this guy who gave us free maderinas (he's a capo), he kept calling himself a guacho. This guy is awesome, because he knows a ton of things, and loves the missionaries, and wants us to come over for some legit asado. He showed us his homemade asador like 15 different times... "and here is my asador." "Have i shown you my asador?" Yes, I know all about your asador, Mr. Guacho Man. He's got a pretty sweet piece of land, and has a ton of horses. He's shown us all of them. 

Anyways, I love you. You are awesome. Good luck with alll your end of the school year good times. For reals.

Brown lay drink and popcorn are the new alfajor.


The church is getting a fix'in. And we got our names up on the hamberger pizza place.


Drucho (fake stuff).


Huevos and Galves.



No comments:

Post a Comment