Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Week 023 - I Found My First Nazi

Hey Fellas! 

Once again … another fantastic week here in Galvezzz! The weather is getting colder than it ever has apparently  (that’s what all the old people are saying; they’ve got the most experience). But it’s all good because someone decided to pack some gloves and a scarf for me before I left for the mish. Way to come in clutch padres!! 

By the way, this is a pretty exciting week also for dad. Father’s day right! I’m gonna get a little head start and say Happy Father Day dad, you’re awesome, and I totally love you, and mom too. If you haven’t found it yet, there is a Papas root beer from last year in the pantry and that is for you, from me. 
I’m jealous of all your sweet vacation plans guys. 2 years without Tahoe is a bit crazy. Its all good cause Galvez is a close second. Super excited that Emma is heading over to the BYU. Sick times! 

This week was great. We decided to go through the thousands of papers of old investigators and old members… a lot of the papers are hilarious… the reasons the past elders have for not going back. Usually they say " Pasamos" aka "we passed by". Jeez. So we went to go find all these cool catz who have been ditching out on salvation, and most of them were home and we booked citas for the past three days. For reals though it was sick because every space was filled in our agendas with meetings for specific hours and such. It was cool until literally every person fell through. We thought maybe 1 would come in but na. Hace frio... vamos dormir. The members always come in clutch though. They are always waiting for us. Even though the people fell through we still get good stories. 

First … on Thursday, for some reason this dog decided to follow us like the whole day, a new dog. But the thing is… he would attack every other dog he would see, so when we would see another dog down the street we would be like, "No.”… and then he’d go down a different street so he could attack the other dog. And it wasn’t just a play around kind of fight, he would bullet towards the dog and bite the other enough for the dog to scream. Dang. Anyways, we make it to the house that we had an appointment, and the guy comes outside. He sees us and then walks back in the house (did we not just talk to you yesterday about coming back). Anyways, he comes back out. So I open his gate (everyone has a gate in front of their house), and the dog comes in with me, and then I ran out and lock the crazy fighting dog in his patio. His problem now. The dog went nutz … kind of funny though. We´ll come back. 

Second story… we find our guy sitting in front of his house drinking his mate. Of course we walk up to him and say hi. He then tells us to wait, that he needs to get something. He walks into his house and 5 min later sends his kid out. And you know what he says? "He’s not home." Oh really? Maybe we´ll find him tomorrow. 

Next story... I found my first Nazi. Every missionary says you have to find a nazi at least once on your mission in Argentina. So I did. We get to our cita, and he opens the door. He says, "look guys”... and he turns to the side and points at a giant shrine that he had obviously prepared for us... “That is my savior." It was a Hitler shrine, with the biggest picture of Hitler. We said, “alright, good luck with that.” 

It’s crazy how many people say to come back, thinking we are not going to come back. 

Our investigator Matias always makes his citas though. I don’t remember if I’ve talked about Matias before, but this kid is a champ. for reals. He’s 18, and lives alone at his house. He has never had a religion, and actually has knew almost nothing about Jesus. Anyway, we’ve been teaching him, and he actually gets into it and wants to understand. And wants to be baptized. So we are preparing him for that, and teaching him all the commandments. We taught him the Word of Wisdom. And he told us, "you know what guys I’m not gonna lie, I drink and smoke and such, and all my friends do, and my family, and all of Argentina. And if I stop, it’s going to be super hard, and I don’t know what I’m going to say to everyone... But I’ll do it." And he balled as he said it. I thought, man, this kid is first class, that he would be willing to do whatever to follow Christ. That is first class. For real. Anyways, I think he’s going to progress, with that kind of desire. It is a little hard to find him because he is usually out with his best friend. 

I love you guys. I’m learning all about the giants in Genesis. 
Happy Fathers Day dad, you are awesome. See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment