Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 024 - I Know All The Rules Of Street Dog

Hey Fam,

I’m sending you an email a little later tonight because everything was closed today, even the cyber cafe. Because it was a holiday. Wanna know what holiday? It’s another locro day. It’s been like the third one. I think someone high up in the government  just decides if he doesn’t want to go to work that day, so he announces LOCRO, and everyone hits the supermercados, loads up on the meats, and heads home to eat.  What’s good though, is that GRIDO is open, GRIDO is the helado store. Really good ice cream for real, and it controls Argentina. And guess what? They deliver! What!! So they are on speed dial on our phone. if we have a bad day, GRIDO always comes in clutch. So we went to GRIDO today because it was open. The guys loves us because we are the only people that go to the store in winter.  

Tahoe looks dang blue as usual. You guys are awesome. 

It sounds like Emma had a good first weekend at college. I remember The Extravaganza, I killed it. 

Me and Dan were talking through email about how we are past 5 months now, nutz. 

I’ve come to the conclusion that "Hace frio, Vamos dormir," is a real thing. We had one member at church this week, come on Galvez "GET LOOSE".  Everyone says they have the "gripe", which I thought was the flu. No it’s not the flu, it’s a cold. So when everyone says they can’t talk because they have the gripe, it’s because they have a cold. It’s all good, I’m about to cut the carne on these members. 

We played basketball today. There are tons of basketball courts here, and no one plays basketball, but a couple people invited us to play, so we went. Man, I was showing all these young bloods what is up, and they were playing with hot-wheel shoes. For reals though, they have Argentinean hands, and basketball turns into hot potato. People like basketball, but they can’t play. It’s just not a feet sport. It was totally fun though. 

Oh check this, I’m totally street dog now.  I know all the rules of street dog. There are house dogs and street dogs here in Argentina, and there are rules. To put it simply Galvez is split into territories and each territory has a gang with a leader, and when another dog enters the territory the boss will run and sniff the dog, and the dog must sit down, or the boss will totally destroy the dog. Now, while sniffing, the boss will decide whether or not to fight the dog. If they fight, whoever wins is the next boss. Interesting. Now this only happens if the dog is younger than the boss. If the dog is older and entering new territory, the fight has already started. It’s nutz. I’ve seen the sitting and sniffing. It happens. And when the new dog enters the territory, it happens fast. Now if you have a dog that doesn’t know the rules, he´ll be wrecked that day. So the house dogs have their own territory, and they stay in that territory. The gang is kind of a protection thing for smaller dogs, the smaller dogs are always followers, and will never be a boss. Lame for them, but whatever. But there are also lone wolfs, who are like huge dogs that walk the streets, and no one messes with them. They just stroll and do what they want. Anyway, I Know the rules,and if I was a dog my gang would be too big.

I met a man name Manue the other day, and he has a tattoo machine, and he asked me, "have you seen any of these things before?" I was like, "no.” So he calls for his "mujer", and she comes in and he gives her a heart tattoo on her hand, right in front of me, no question. I say “Pretty cool… wanna learn a little about Jesus?” And then he shows me his huge Virgin Mary tattoo on his back. He says, "I’m not very religious at all, but I thought I should get it.".. of course. Na he’s cool. He says he is going to invite us over for asado, which means he’s joined the endless list… "hey when are we gonna have asado?" 

I walk by this 18 year old mechanic every day, and he says that same thing (about having asado), and I’m like, "When are you gonna invite us?” .. and he never responds. 

Galvez is great. The work is great! It’s a joy to serve the lord! Love you guys.

If you guys still want a couple of my favorite stories about Grandma and Grandpa Arnett for the reuniun, I got some...

1. When you went to Spain, and they came to visit us for the week, and Grandpa took me to the fathers and sons campout because you guys were gone.
2 When I went over to their house for a birthday dinner while I was at BYU, and Grandma gave me a card at dinner and she says, "Now you can go buy Taco Bell.” And I was like, "Grandma I haven’t opened it yet, you just totally ruined the surprise." And she says, " Well what are you doing? Open it"
3. Going over to their house for Pepsi and microwave nachos. I’ve joined team Pepsi. You can let her know that.

Pictures:

Eating fries and giant chicken nuggets with Donato, and these two random kids showed up, and they are total gypsies, asking me and Donato and my companero to give them stuff. "puede regalar esto," over and and over and over.  They eventually just dug into the fries and started eating. Donato says, "terrible terrible chicos hehehe"

I also made a taco, I called elder Robles who is from Mexico and asked him "Hey, how does your Grandma make tortillas?" And he told me. How clutch!





No comments:

Post a Comment