Thursday, June 30, 2016

Week 025 - I'm Pretty Sure I'm Not A Nazi

Hey you cool guys! Looks like another awesome trip at Tahoe! I totally remember the graffiti tunnels, Real COPADO! I love the pictures you guys are super great. 


THE ARNETT CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE… those are some cool looking shirts... for reals.


It’s great to know dad has joined all the Argentinian fanatics, for the COPA. Too bad they were a losing team… I’m pretty sure… because things went pretty silent last night. An investigator invited us over for Asado! And then to watch the first 10 minutes of the game.  He was a little disappointed that we couldn’t stay longer, but “que va hacer”, we are missionaries. Manuel is a funny guy. He and his "mujer" Nina; they like to show us all the good food around Galvez. I might have told you this story last week, but I don’t remember. Last week we were over at his house and he has a tattoo machine and he was like "ever seen one of these before?" and I was like, “no.” And he calls for Nina, and takes her hand and starts giving her a heart tattoo on her hand. She was like, "alright!". So now I know all about tattoos.  They are a very nice family, and are the first ones to come through with the asado, and it was way good. We met his neighbor too, and he invited us over to teach him, which was cool. But when we went over to his house, I figured he was either nutz, or has been on so many drugs that his brain is fried. I didn’t think he was on anything, but he kept talking about the guy next to him (there was no guy)… "yeah, I don’t have any guilt, or does this guy jajajaja." He’s one of the few atheists that we’ve been teaching. 


We have another lady named Zully who is atheist, and she is so funny. She’s read like every religious book… torah, bible etc. But she had never heard of the Book of Mormon. So we explained it too her and she’s so amazed that she’s never heard anything about the ancient inhabitants of America.  So she’s going to read it. And as she reads it, I’m hoping it changes a bit of her heart. In fact, if she actually reads it, I know it will because, c’mon it’s the Book of Mormon, true evidence that Jesus is the Christ. So she’s cool, and she can’t believe I’m on a mission. She just can’t wrap her mind around the fact that 19-year-olds go on missions. 


Holy cow! I’m sitting next to like this 50 year old man, and he’s playing some sort of gunner game, and he’s going nutz… screaming and yelling at the game.  I guess he’s playing with other people, but he’s like "awwwww what are you doing?" I don’t actually know what he’s saying but that’s somewhere close... geeze! 


I got yelled at and called a Nazi this week. We were walking down the street and there was a guy standing next to his house, so I said hi and shook his hand, and he wouldn’t let go. he looked at me in the eyes and I could see his eyes widen, and he starts yelling out, "Nazi Nazi Nazi." I was like, "No no no no Nazi." And I ripped my way around and booked it, because I’m pretty sure I’m not a Nazi. 


We ate at Donato’s house again this week. He literally gives us food every time we go to his house now. Pretty cool. He asked me, "You want any more?"  And I said I was fine. Then he said, "Good, because I’m poor and don’t have any more, but what I have is for you." Sick! 


So I learned a lot of people like the Chicago Bulls around here. It turns out one of the players is from Galvez. I don’t remember his name, but that would be something cool to look up. 


Oh my gosh, I don’t know if it’s an Argentina thing because I’ve never had it before, but there’s this sauce that people put on meats and stuff called Chimichurri, and I put it on everything now. It’s the bomba! 


I was looking at the map of our area and it turns out the Galvez branch is like a quarter of the mission, mostly because there’s a lot of campo (fields/farming). But there are so many neighborhoods around us that have never had the gospel… FIELD TRIP!


The ward is doing great, we had a meeting with the branch president, and he’s going to start giving out callings and stuff to the ward. Real cool. 


Totally cool you guys are going to get to see Jared. Mexico can change you I hear. Dan tells me all about the crazy times he’s having in Mexico.


I love you guys, I really do. And I brag all about you to all the Argentinians. 


A man heard me talking about Jesus Christ the other day and he pointed his finger up to the sky and yelled, "JESUS CHRIST IS MY SAVIOR" (JESUCRISTO ES MI SALVADOR). For reals guys, Jesus Christ is my Savior, and he’s doing a fine work here in Argentina! 


Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment