Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 052 - Everyone Loves The Word

Hello My Family,
So this has been a great 2017 here in the Recreo of Argentina! I’m glad all was good on your travels back home! Back to the grind.
This has really been a great week. We have been working a lot with Sergio and Rosia, and they are really awesome, and open to accept all that we teach, because they have formed a testimony that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. They came to church yesterday and it was testimony meeting. And there were some great testimonies shared about the blessings of the true church of Jesus Christ, and more specifically how God helps us through our trials, and about the great knowledge of the plan of salvation. And this couple really found peace; in that if they follow this path they will be happy and receive help in their trials.
So they have accepted all the commitments we have given them, even the word of wisdom. Which is something hard for Sergio, because he plays soccer every day, and after every game they go out and drink. But he has decided that he wants to go play soccer with another team that he knows doesn’t drink after games, but are a better influence for him and his family. So I thought that was cool, because there’s a lot of people we give the word of wisdom speech to, and people accept it and agree not to drink. But Sergio has taken action to do what he can to follow a commandment that the lord has placed before him. They are especially excited for this Friday because they have a date to get married. And so we are helping them get excited and prepared for that. So it’s a pretty exciting week.
The ward is trying to put on a party for them in the church, after the marriage. So we need to figure all that out; food and good times and such.
Recently we were stopped by a man in his car. He was so impressed by the way we preach that he wanted to hire me in the Catholic Church. In a pretty high position. He was disappointed that I live in the U.S. But was excited to hear that I’ll be around for another year. He was screwing around I think. But I thought it was pretty funny. He kept bugging me about writing my name and number down.
We have a new ward mission leader; Lalo. Actually he used to be the mission leader, but he bugged the bishop so much about being mission leader that he got his calling back. So… good times, and chilling with Lalo. Let the festivities begin. So we had a meeting with him at his house and had sweet pig asado this last Saturday. Of course with a Pepsi Max. Whenever I and Elder Ramos get soda, it’s always a Pepsi Max... or a guarana, which is an Argentine cherry soda. But usually a Pepsi Max. When we have to bring the drinks, we bring Pepsi Max of course.
Mom I like your analogy with the cups. I’ll have to use that some time. Analogies are great in missionary work, because about 90% of the time, no one understands what you are talking about, but still love to hear the Word. Everyone loves the Word. If you ask my investigators why I’m here, they’ll say "to hear the Word of God". No Hermano, I’m here to bring you unto Christ. “Oh does that mean I have to leave my house" CLARO! So analogies are great!
I love you guys so much, keep it up with the great New Year!
Elder Greene

Also I received your letter. Our Christmas card this year is so prime, I love it. I also got some cards from Mel and her family, and from Uncle Tyler, and from the relief society. Let them know that I really appreciate the Christmas cards, it’s nice to receive letters all the way down here in the ole Argentina.
P.S. I have pictures for you guys but I totally left them in the apartment. Lame Elder Greene right.
And thanks for the handwriting compliment, I’ve been working on the little things in the mission like handwriting, and it’s good to be able to read other people’s handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment