Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 055 - The Legendary Move Of Climbing Into The Font From The Viewing Area

Hey! My family!
I am totally psyched right now. One reason, because I loved the story of Katie going out on a walk by herself saying hi to all her acquaintances from school. I am also glad that the Greenes were able to take one for the team and show whose boss for the youth activity. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to be the last minute teachers to every class, activity, or conference for the future. But I’m also pretty psyched because Sergio and Rosia were successfuly able to be baptized on Saturday.
It was a little crazy because we had been trying to plan this baptism for 10AM, and inviting people to give messages and such, and no one was really able to come to the baptism. But we eventually were able to find a few people to come help out. At the same time, we hadn’t really seen Sergio all week because he was out of town for work, and was supposed to arrive on Friday. He didn’t. But was then expected to make it into town that morning on Saturday. So we changed the time to 5PM, and it turns out there was some kind of stake activity that afternoon, so no one could really come. But it’s alright because the Bishop and Lalo could come. Clutch. So it was us, some family of Rosia and Sergio, Bishop and Lalo. Super neat. It was a great experience. The font was filled, and the church was clean. Everything was all ready.
They had asked me to be the one to baptize them earlier that week, and when it was time for the ordinance, I led the team to the door that leads to the font. But who knew that if you close the door to the font? it automatically locks. No big deal, we just needed to find the key. Nope. No one knows where the key is. We spent like 10 to 15 min looking for this key that we literally just had 20 min earlier. So it was time to make the legendary move of climbing into the font from the viewing area. Because apparently you can open it from that side. And it did.
Now it was time for the baptismal ordinance of Rosia, but for some reason I didn’t really think about what I had to say for the ordinance until I was actually in the font. So I retraced in my head what I said a year ago baptising Donato. And then staring to say "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ…" Bishop stopped me saying, I had to say the name. That’s when I totally lost it, and was thinking, "man.....what name?” I was reminded that I needed to say the full name of the person. It was all good. I did have to repeat the whole thing three times but in the end it was a full and complete cleansing. Plus, it was all practice for the baptism of Sergio.
Sergio was really funny when he got out, he was pretty pumped and excited and couldn’t stop talking about what just happened. He was like "wow, wow, che, I feel so fresh right now. I need to go talk to my new wife about how fresh I feel right now." You better son. Once we were all dried off and ready, we headed back to sit and listen to Lalo’s 15 minute talk about the Holy Ghost. I think he read 5 whole chapters, and explained explicitly the significance of each one of them. I was looking at the bishop as he was trying to get him to stop talking, pulling all sorts of hand signs to cut the speech.
The next day was super awesome when all the members welcomed them to the ward at church. Sergio and Rosia were confirmed by some of the members in the ward and everyone gave a great welcome. Everyone is really excited to have a new younger couple become members of the ward. Surprising… a bunch of less active people showed up as well, because they were all friends with Sergio. Hopefully they stick around.
Man though, I’m really happy about what’s going on with this family. We are going to talk more about temples this week because they’ve been wanting to know a lot more about that.
Today has been awesome, and I’ll let you know why. Because I was casually walking in Santa Fe today, when I came across the stadium of my favorite soccer team, COLON! And it just so happens that the gate to the Colon stadium was wide open. So as a Colon fan, I rightfully took my place in one of the throne seats within the stadium. Hopefully one day I’ll make it for the games.
I love you guys. You are just the best. Thank you for your loving testimonies that you share with me, which always strengthen my testimony. Dad, it’s great to know the mission work has never changed. That it has always been taught and followed by the spirit.
Hope you guys have a great week. Love you
Elder Greene







No comments:

Post a Comment