Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 054 - I’m Pretty Responsible About My Sunscreen Usage

Well Happy Birthday to Claire!
What an exciting week for the Greenes. Shakes, zoos, talks, bonfires, trespassing. I don’t believe it could have been any better. But really, happy birthday Claire! You’re super awesome! Hopefully I’ll get to hear another talk from you in the future. I’ll have to check out the zoo when I get back too. Zoos are pretty sweet, especially if they have churros. Hopefully they sell turkey legs as well.
Well, thanks for the reminder about MLK day, because I was able to go back to the apartment and make the raddest alfajor shake. It was not Chick-fil-a, but it was an Elder Greene special. Man… “Chick-fil-a. I could eat there seven times a day. Where the people laugh and children play. Oh I’m in love with Chick-fil-a. Classic.”
So I was pretty discouraged today because my favorite panaderia is closed until March. So that means, no donuts, no facturas, no churros, or super dank bread until March. So that’s the big downer about my week, but it’s alright, I’ll have to improvise.
This week was pretty slow, we didn’t have a lot of fixed lesson, only with Rosia and Sergio, who by the way are the cat’s pajamas. But we did a lot of knocking and contacting this week.
It’s funny because when you are in an area for a long time, (for example… me) you start to reach a point where you’ve contacted almost all the houses. So what do you do? You knock their door again, but 4 months later. This is how it plays out… They answer and say, "I thought I told you I don’t want anything." I say, "Oh I’m sorry, you must of mistaken us with the Jehovah’s Witness." "Oh really?” "Yeah, it’s a totally different group of people that knock on your door and bug you. We are new and have a special message. Plus I’m from America and have no idea how to make a good steak. And apparently Argentinians makes good steak. Will you teach me?"
Everyone thinks we are Jehovah’s Witness. We’ll be walking in the street and a 10-year-old will walk by with his friend, then punch his friend. The friend who got punched will say, "Don’t do that, Jehovah’s Witness is coming." That happened.
Do you remember Halloween when Elder Andrew and I wore those Halloween ties, and some guy across the street yelled at us saying “wow what a tie eye"? Yeah, so that guy is named Juan. And Juan owns a bar, and he is always trying to get us to go to his bar and hangout with all of his 60 year old friends who hang out at the bar. Bars are pretty funny here because people build bars wherever they want, and there are a ton of them, and everyone picks and chooses their favorites. And so the same old retired guys are sitting in front of their bar each day. Too bad Juan lives in the sister’s area, and they don’t want to make the move and go to Juan’s house.
Lalo invited us over to eat empanadas on Thursday night, but it turned out, he invited us to make empanadas; the tortillas, putting the carne in the tortillas, and then frying them. It was actually a pretty fun time. But you can tell that Lalo has no idea what he is doing, because he wanted to make the salty and sweet kind; but just pumped the saltys with tons of salt, and pumped the sweets with tons of sugar. But who cares… its fried food. And we made enough for dinner and lunches for the next two days. I’ll send you a pic.
The circus came to town and everyone is hyped. Everyone’s asking, "Hey, have you been to the circus yet?" Well huns, what do you think I do all day? I’m serving. It would be cool to go to the circus though. We walked by it last night on our way home, and it’s defiantly a circus, full of trailer vans and hicks. It’s great!
It’s a really great and exciting week, because Rosia and Sergio should be getting baptized this Saturday. We talk to them yesterday, and they are really exciting, and have no doubts that it’s something they want to do. Their car actually wouldn’t start yesterday, and they walked to church by themselves, which is like a 20 min walk for me, and I walk fast, and don’t have to walk with kids. So that proved to me that this is something that they want. Luckily it wasn’t hot that morning because sometimes during the day you just get fried walking around. Don’t worry I’m pretty responsible about my sunscreen usage. Everyone asks why I’m not sunburned, because I’m white of course. So I tell them that I have some dang good blockage running around my body.
Next time I talk to you guys we should have a new family of converts in the church of Jesus Christ. I’m loving it, I really am.
I love you guys and I miss you, and hope you have another fantastic week. Especially with our new president. America should be great.
Elder Greene




No comments:

Post a Comment