Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 068 - Rightly Reunited The MTC Power Companionship

Dear Family,
I am quite glad that all is good in the livable forest. And way to go to Jake for taking with him the best dance partying representative of the Greene family. So he surely must have had a great time. Dad, I hope you complimented Carson on his scouting pants, because everyone knows if you’re going to be an eagle scout you got to represent the entire look. Sadly he could not represent well from the knees down to the feet (Lacks tube socks).
So things are getting exciting here. They officially kicked me out of Recreo and put in a new city called Rafaela. Now I have no idea if that name has any relation with the wife of the ninja turtle Rafael. But we can continue to believe so. But it is definitely one of the most beautiful and Richest cities I’ve worked in. well of the 3 I have worked in. Which means we´ll be racking in the tithing down here in Rafael.
That’s not the only exciting news. There is more. After 15 Months of waiting, they have rightly reunited the MTC power companionship, couple, whatever you want to call it. Together again. Elder Hopkins is my companion and we are going to show Rafaela what is life.
It was very sad to leave Recreo, and I grown attached to city and, people, the cows, wheat, dirt streets, old guys, and the one light post. It will be missed. But I greatly appreciated that I had a bit of time to visit some families to say goodbye.
Before I left, a boy name Naitan Ramirez was baptized. He is an investigator with the sister missionaries, and he’s been coming to church for quite some time and his parents recently allowed him to be baptized. It was a great experience for this boy. And it was cool because a bunch of his family came to the baptism who originally were all were pretty against the church. I think they just had to get a little push with a chocolate cake incentive.
I recently have gotten into building soundproof rooms, so the bands of Recreo can freely play music without being disturbed or disturbing the outside world. A member asked us to come over because he needed some very important help. And that Important help was building Recreo´s new soundproof room. Apparently we were worthy for the job, and I proudly accepted. We also got into building roofs. It’s really funny when we ask people if they need help, or if we can help them with something. Because they either say, "We need money" or "Build me a part of my house." I accept as long as they provide the parts. But it’s fantastic how dangerous the way people construct houses. Don’t worry I don’t get into dangerous situations. But when they are building houses here, everyone is climbing on anything to get to high places while throwing brick up to the second floor. For example I was helping this man named Lalo while he was using a drill to place screws in the roof, but he was standing on 5 stacked objects to get to the roof. Cool.
So yesterday, I got to Rafaela and I had some time to meet a family in their family home evening. Apparently we were the first missionaries to ever eat in their house. And they are a super fun family. The mom was born a member, and the dad recently was baptized about 6 months ago. I soon began to learn that this entire family are fanatics about video games, and I realized that about 10 minutes after I got there and the dad asked me, "hey....(then looking into my eyes all seriously) do you play videogames?" And so I responded well with, "Obviously." And that just got these beautiful fellas wild up. This dad, his name is Maxi, was a total crackup about it, he was just talking to me about everything and anything about video games. My companion was actually in the middle of sharing a scripture when Maxi whispers to me (because he’s right next to me) asking for my opinion on a certain game. I was like dude we are teaching a lesson. He’s a character, the whole family is very enjoyable.
But so far I like Rafaela a lot, it’s a large city, a little smaller than Santa Fe, but it is very beautiful and nicely taken care of. Apparently we work with a branch of about 20 to 30 people, and so we’ll be getting pretty close with all the fellas.
I love you guys and I’m super glad that y’all are together for the summer. I miss you and can’t wait to talk to you on Mother’s Day.

Elder Greene

I believe that my release date should be the 14th of December, or maybe a little after but I’ll have to clarify that.













No comments:

Post a Comment