Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 071 - The Last I Heard From Lucy

Hey Guys,
I didn’t even realized that we still had all of my pinewood derby cars. Claire may have rocked everyone’s socks with the green car, but if you don’t remember... It has Illegal derby wheels. An instant disqualification. Dad and I thought we could hose everyone in the races but some party poopin leader caught us in the act of our tricks.
I’m glad you guys have met "the Dean" maybe someday I’ll have the privilege of being in his presence. Mom if you need activities you got to go check out the Houston city underground tunnels. I don’t know if you ever knew this but someone here was showing me a video of the Houston underground mall/tunnels. Due to the hot summers, and high population of complainers; Houston built tunnels with air conditioning that connect all the main buildings in Houston. It’s pretty much an underground mall. I never knew. I told the man who showed me the video that it was the most necessary of luxuries.
I recently got a call from the morning star himself. I’ll explain. When we knock doors I usually have a stack of little cards with me that have our number on it. For 15 months I’ve been waiting for the call that says I want to be baptized"... it hasn’t happened yet. But we got a call from a random number. So I’ll call over my companion thinking "here it comes, the golden investigators". And so I answer "hola, who is calling"... and the mystery man says... "I’m Lucifer”. Oh geeze. "Estaba en mi cama, calentita, hasta que vinieron a romper la joda. Estamos viendo." (I was in my bed, nice and warm, until you guys came to break the party. we´ll be seeing each other). And turned off the phone. Well, it wasn’t the "golden investigator" but I defiantly saved the number into my contacts as "Lucy". Anyways a few days later I get another call, and it’s him again. And so I’m calling over my comp like, "Hey, Lucy’s calling". We answer "hola... Lucifer?"... and we start to hear this weird static growl and it starts getting louder and louder. "GhjkghhghghgljghjkglgGJHJGLKGJHhgHGJKHg"... then it goes silent and quietly we hear, "Lucifer mandas saludes.” (Lucifer sends his regards). And that was the last I heard from Lucy.
We´ve been spending most of our week trying to prepare Osvaldo for baptism. He’s not quite there in the head sometimes, so it’s becoming kind of difficult for him to understand everything, but he is totally down to do whatever to become a member. He’s got no religious background so this is all new to him. But he’s loving it.
I’ll keep you guys more updated on Osvaldo. I don’t have as much time to write today, but I love you guys a ton and miss you all tons.

Elder Greene

This is the Rafaela soccer team team. They play against colon sometimes so let’s get ready. I guess it gets violent and that’s why they have to put up a big sign that says no violence and a barbed wired fence.








No comments:

Post a Comment