Saturday, August 26, 2017

Week 077 - Did They Forget To Teach You How To Ride A Bike In Bible Class?

Hey Guys!

Well I’m glad that you are all getting ready ready for a great patriotic week! America is pretty great I’ll have to say. We'll actually be in Santa Fe tomorrow for a meeting with the whole mission. So that´ll be great to meet up with all the American homies in celebration for our great country, even though that’s not why we are meeting. Dad's right about all the great 4th of Julys we've had. I think one of my favorites was the South Carolina 4 of July with the Linfords. I think I really enjoyed how the southerners get wild with endless fireworks on the beach

So yeah, I think I told you all about the bikes we recently got fixed up. Apparently they are way cruddier than we thought, and are now becoming the biggest hassle for the past two weeks. One is a kind of a red beach cruiser, but has some insane rust going on in the front. And while I’m riding, enjoying my sweet afternoon the plaza. The front handlebars decide to completely disconnect from the rest of the bike. Whoa no hands. Luckily I’m way skilled. "I can ride a bike with no handlebars, I know all the words to "De Colores", and I'm proud to be an American". - Flobots. Anyways Argentina is way cool at times because you can find a bike shop at every corner. But tough luck, it was the siesta so we just dropped the bikes over to other missionaries to take the bikes to the shop later. Anyways while we are gone, these other guys somehow break the other bike. And took them both to the bike shop. We come back and learn all that has happened right and then the bike fixer upper wants to say to me that the beach cruiser is un-fixable. NO WAY JOSE!  And this place is like all the way across Rafaela. And it would be worst to have to walk back and forth from our area to the bike shop. So we said SEE YOU LATER JOSE, we are taking our business somewhere else. And so we had to carry to bikes and its parts all across Rafaela. Like 45 minutes, it was worse than walking around with a grill. Because instead of people yelling "YOU GONNA COOK AN ASADO? (Sarcastically)" their yelling "DID THEY FORGET TO TEACH YOU HOW TO RIDE A BIKE IN BIBLE CLASS?" yes.... yes they did haharhar.

So we´ve been on our toes lately, because apparently there is a dog assassin out and about in Rafaela. People are going nuts about it. Like there is actually someone out killing dogs and people are calling him the dog assassin. Now it’s not rare to see dead dogs and cats in the street. They are like deer in the road. But I think someone’s Chihuahua got hit and the owner is starting a revolution.  STOP THE MENACE! Maybe the assassin thinks he´s doing everyone a favor. I don’t know, but let’s not make the assumption that he´s a menace. Dogs are the real menace. I saw one just chilling in the middle of a 50 mph road acting like he owns the place.

Man I cannot describe in words how hilarious the branch president here is. This guy is way too old and he knows it. But one quick story. On Wednesday we had branch council right after helping out Nilda with her garden. and so we get to the church to change clothing and while my companion is in the bathroom President Acosta shows up and first thing he says to me is "wow I have to pee, where is your companion?" in the bathroom, I said "A la miercoles (ah snickers) I got to go check out the garden out back." he goes out back and I’m waiting and I hear what’s sounds like is him going numero uno out back. and he comes back and me companion gets out of the bathroom and I tell president "it’s all yours" and responds "oh no no no Elder thank you, but I’m ok" I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was just watering the plants out back.

So there is this member that really liked my jacket, like he really wanted it. And he offered to trade it with one of his wears. And so I agreed to be good a Samaritan and traded him my jacket.......for a way cooler one. That guy totally lost because what he gave me was this really cool dark blue trench coat. Apparently he got it from another missionary years ago. Anyway I totally look like Sherlock now. It’s super warm too. So it’s a win win.

Nothing much really happened last week. Like we didn’t teach anyone and no one let us in their home. So it was kind of lame. There weren’t any really cool spiritual stuff that happened. But I did find a really good pizza place. I used to think that Argentina really stank at making pizza. Until I made it to Rafaela. I realized that I had just been in these random farm towns and that’s why pizza was not that great. Life is looking great.

I love you guys! Hope you have the greatest of Texan 4th of Julys!


Elder Greene







No comments:

Post a Comment