Saturday, August 26, 2017

Week 079 - "I'm Closer To The Cemetery Than I Am To Your Baptism"

Hey,

I’m sorry that the Texas DPS is hassling you guys so much. That’s really mean of them. Good luck Katie, you'll do great on the test. I don’t think I ever told you guys but when I finished my driver’s test, the lady totally told me I failed because there was one point when I was speeding. But she passed me anyway because she didn’t want to do it over again, and she like me so... sweet. 

I’m totally jealous that you are all getting ready to head to Tahoe. Whatever, Rafaela is pretty sweet too. 

Dad hooked you guys up nice with the Havanas. those are like the most expensive type of alfajors, but I have had every type anyway. But moms right, I like the Jorgitos more as well.

This week was way too cold. I don’t want to get into it... "but I’ll tell you, it probably was the fifth or sixth coldest day of my entire life" -Koda. So due to the weather everyone decided it was a sleep in kind of day on Sunday. So like no one came to church. What can you do, it was cold. It all good because we have like a list of people who 100% give us hot chocolates right when enter their homes, so winter is a good tradeoff for hot chocolates, I think.

I forgot to mention that last week during the mission conference I met a fellow Arnett in my mission. I was taking a stroll towards the table of sweets when I saw ¨Elder Arnett”. Of course there are plenty of Arnetts in the world. but I asked where he’s from and he said mesa, Arizona and so we started a conversation and he said he knew tommy, and we didn’t get that far into the conversation but he said his name is tanner Arnett. I don’t know if you know more about that, because we didn’t really conclude with whether or not we have the same great grandpa or something.

We had a pretty cool week with new people we've gotten a hold of and taught; and all were references from other people. One family we taught was the family Wenk; a young couple and their baby, we taught them with the grandpa of the family. The grandpa recently had an accident and lost his ability to walk and the son is selling sausages door to door, so they’ve been having a rough time, and so we´ve been able to have some really good lessons with them about the plan of salvation and the restoration. The grandpa's didn’t really like it when we started to teach about Joseph Smith and the Book or Mormon, so he doesn’t really listen to us anymore, we asked him to be baptized in the church and he said, and I quote, "I’m closer to the cemetery than I am to your baptism". But the couples not and are happy to continue learning. , so we are excited to see where it’s headed.

We started to visit an inactive woman who has a bunch of family that aren’t members of the church. It’s nuts though, because they keep over 20 dogs at their house that they find in the streets. The daughter finds injured dogs and brings them home to take care of them and look for homes for them. But all of their dogs have some kind of issue and no one wants them so they take care of them. But it’s total madness because they have multiple dogs that are blind and for some reason want to walk around. So every time we sit down and try to talk to the member, her blind dogs get up and start running into everything and she has to go get them and put them back into her bed.  It’s fun to watch the hustle and bustle you know.

I love you guys I hope you have the greatest week

Ecclesiastes 3:4 - "a time to dance"

I don’t have any pictures from the week, so I took a video of me listening to tunes while emailing



No comments:

Post a Comment